The Pilots’ Free Flight Atlas USA
A must-have for every professional pilot performing North Atlantic crossings and/or flying in the region of USA, South-Canada, Mexico, Virgin Islands and the Caribbean. An all-in-one source of information for en-route and destination preparation during line training, passenger speeches…
This USA edition of the famous Pilots’ Free Flight Atlas contains 180 pages of very useful content:
- 104 pages of cartographical maps, scale 1:2.000.000
- Base cartography is the US Road-Atlas which includes mountain ranges, lakes, rivers, etc.
- These topographical charts show over 5.500 airports which are color coded according to runway length and surface. International airports are distinguished from Regional airports by symbol shape. Glider field positions in North America are shown by a special sign for easy identification.
- Weather station frequencies (VOLMET) are shown on each page for easy use.
- Radio navigation beacons (VOR, DME and NDB) are included to enable you to locate your position immediately in relation to surrounding airports and landmarks.
- Over 3.500 points of interest have been included for better passenger announcements.
- Highways, railways and land roads are also depicted.
- 30 pages, scale 1:20.000
- Depicting 11 city maps of the most important cities in USA
Captains Corner: 46 pages of useful aeronautical information
- Airport Directory with Cartesian coordinates and ATIS frequencies for more than 5,500 North American airports, sorted in alphabetical order with both 4-letter ICAO and 3-letter IATA location identifiers
- World Aircraft Registration
- VOLMET broadcast station frequencies
- Weather symbology and a description of how to decipher weather reports
- Different useful tables with calculations of climb gradients, conversion tables, crosswind component
- Holding instructions
- Aerodrome Operating Minima
- De-icing Tables
- Aerodromes lighting, runway markings, signs, signals, abbreviations…
- Emergency Communication
- Search and Rescue & Intercept Procedures
- Size: app. DIN A4 (197 x 284mm – 77 x 112in)
- Cover: 250g/m³, wood-free, clear foil laminate, semi-glossy paper
- Contents: 65g/m³, wood-free, mat
- Weight: 425g
- Complete Atlas is printed in color